How to Apply for the 2017 Art Market
EVENT OVERVIEW FOR ARTISTS
The Chelsea Art Market is an indie arts and crafts fair coinciding with a variety of festivities and attractions associated with chelseafestivals.com/festival.
2017 marks the festival’s 41st year. Held in historic downtown Chelsea, the event draws over 15,000 visitors annually and features national and regional live music acts, local food and brew, a sculpture walk and many more activities for the entire family. Attendees of the Sounds & Sights Festival are informed of the event through marketing efforts such as radio, print, press releases, social media and eblasts. Each artist will receive postcards to send to their customers, family and friends, inviting them to visit the Sounds & Sights Festival.
Parking, booth sitters, water and security will be provided for the artists. Additionally, each artist will be listed on chelseafestivals.com with a link to their website. Each artist will be spotlighted on the Art Market Facebook page (facebook.com/ChelseaArtMarket).
The Chelsea Art Market is a juried event limited to 50 local and regional arts and crafts people of exceptional quality. Artists willing to demonstrate their processes are also sought.
The Chelsea Sounds and Sights Festival begins the evening of Thursday the 287th with the Chelsea Art Market running Friday and Saturday the 28th and 29th 12-8pm. Booth fee is $100. Demonstrating artists participate for the reduced rate of $50.
Last year, the revamped Chelsea Art Market was a huge success thanks to the variety of unique exhibitors. The selected artists brought more than their goods to sell, they brought young energy and lots of fresh ideas that we will incorporate into this year’s event.
Your application and images should be submitted by email by 11:59pm on Friday, March 24th, 2017. Mailed materials and electronic submissions must be postmarked by March 24, 2017. If submitted after the deadline, you will be placed on a waitlist for review after other submissions have been reviewed and artists have been invited to attend.
We are not asking artists to submit booth fee payments with the application. If accepted into the show, we will then ask for payment of your booth fee.
There are two ways to participate as an artist with the Sounds & Sights Festival:
- Art Market: Display and sell art in a 10′ x 10′ booth space within the festival footprint. Each artist needs to provide their own weighted tent and the festival recommends that you do not use inexpensive pop-up tents as they have the potential to be dangerous in high winds and inclement weather. Artist booth spaces may not be shared. Booth fee: $100
- Artist Demonstrations: Display, sell and DEMONSTRATE your art or craft in front of a downtown Chelsea business during the festival. Artists interested in this option must be skilled at interacting with a crowd and explaining their craft. Please note that these spaces will be placed on the sidewalks of downtown Chelsea, they vary in size and that a traditional 10 x10 tent may not fit in this space. Additionally, you will be placed among sidewalk sales, other artists, business promotions and more. Demonstration fee: $50
Apply via email:
- Download the 2017 Art Market Application (PDF file), save to your hard drive, fill out the application form and email it along with five images of your work to email@example.com.
- You will receive a confirmation, indicating that we have received your application and images. If you do not receive a confirmation within 48 hours, we have not received your application.
Apply by mail:
- Download the 2017 Art Market Application (PDF file) and print.
- Fill out the form, and mail to River Gallery + Exhibits, ATTN: Art Market, 118 S. Main St., Suite B, Chelsea, MI 48118. Include a CD with five images of your work as well as your signed Artist Agreement.
- Fill out and submit Part I and Part II of the online application: Go to Art Market Online Application
- Once submitted, you will receive a confirmation, indicating that we have received your application and images. If you do not receive a confirmation within 48 hours, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2017*
- March 24: Application Deadline
- April 3: Notifications Sent
- June 16: Payments Due for Accepted Artists
- July 7: Booth Assignments Sent
- July 28-29: Chelsea Art Market, 12-8pm
* Dates are subject to change.
If the information here did not answer your questions, please contact us at email@example.com / or call River Gallery + Exhibits at 734.433.0826