Please note: A few spaces remain for the expanded Art Market.
IMPORTANT DATES (Subject to Change):
- April 28th: Application deadline (see note above)
- May 19th: Notifications Sent
- June 1st: Payments due for accepted artists
- July 1st: Booth assignments sent
- Sounds & Sights Festival Art Market
July 27 & 28, 2012
12pm – 8pm
Downtown Chelsea, MI
The Sounds & Sights Festival is an annual summer festival in historic and culturally savvy Chelsea, Michigan. The two-day, three-night event features an openair art market, live music, a food and social tent, children’s entertainment and activities, a classic car show, and much more. The open-air art market is back for its 2nd year and expanding, after a successful debut in 2011 and the organizers are looking for artists and fine craftsmen and women to be a part of the event.
For full details, please download:
2012 Sounds & Sights Festival – Artist Application
(click to open pdf file)
Please do not submit payments with the application. If accepted into the show, we will then ask for booth fee payment.
If an artist recommends another artist to the festival, and that artist is accepted, an additional $25 discount will be provided to the recommending artist. There are two ways to participate as an artist with the Sounds & Sights Festival.
- Open-air Art Market: Display and sell art in a 10×10 booth space within the festival footprint. Each artist needs to provide their own weighted tent and the festival recommends that you do not use inexpensive pop-up tents as they have the potential to be dangerous in high winds and inclement weather. Artist booth spaces may not be shared.
Booth fee: $200
Booth fee for returning artists: $175
- Artist Demonstrations: Display, sell and DEMONSTRATE your art or craft in front of a downtown Chelsea business during the festival. Artists interested in this option must be skilled at interacting with a crowd and explaining their craft. Please note that these spaces will be placed on the sidewalks of downtown Chelsea, they vary in size and that a traditional 10×10 tent may not fit in this space. Additionally, you will be placed among sidewalk sales, other artists, business promotions and more.
Demonstration fee: $100
Demonstration fee for returning artists: $85
- Fill out the application form and email it along with five images of your work to email@example.com.
- You will receive a confirmation, indicating that we have received your application and images. If you do not receive a confirmation within 48 hours, we have not received your application.
- After submitting your application via email, you must still print out, sign and return the Artist Agreement for your application to be considered complete. You may fax this agreement to (734) 433-1930, Attn.: Art Market or mail it to River Gallery, Attn: Art Market, 120 S. Main St, Chelsea, MI 48118.
- Download and print out the application.
- Fill out and mail to:
Attn: Art Market
120 S. Main St
Chelsea, MI 48118
- Include a CD with five images of your work as well as your signed Artist Agreement.
A few spaces remain for the expanded Art Market.
If submitted after the deadline, you will be placed on a waitlist for review after other submissions have been reviewed and artists have been invited to attend.
If the information contained in the application doesn’t answer your questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.