How to apply for the 2021 Art Market
The Art Market returns in 2021 with a hip, contemporary edge; reinvented with fresh ideas and a wide selection of contemporary art demonstrating not only excellent craftsmanship, but innovation. This event moves away from the cookie-cutter craft show and the predictable row of tents. Rejuvenation plans include integrating the professional chalk artists, who had a phenomenal presence last year during the Sounds and Sights Festival, into lively collections featuring vendors, demonstrations and an eclectic group of performances throughout all downtown. Help us create a visual vibe that is uniquely Chelsea!
The 2021 Art Market coincides with the 43rd annual Sounds & Sights Festival on July 23 and 24 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. The two-day festival draws over 20,000 visitors annually and features national and regional live music acts, local food and brew, an annual public sculpture exhibition, chalk art contest, car show and activities for the entire family.
This is a juried event limited to 50 local and regional art forms of exceptional quality. Artists willing to demonstrate their processes are also highly sought. Booth fee for Vendors is $100 for the weekend. Performers compensation is negotiated on a one-to-one basis.
*Performance artists can contact Crystal Scott directly at [email protected]
Attendees of the Sounds & Sights Festival are informed of the event through marketing efforts such as radio, print, press releases, social media and eblasts. Each artist will receive digital fliers to send to their customers, family and friends, inviting them to visit the Sounds & Sights Festival. Additionally, each artist will be listed on chelseafestivals.com with a link to their website and profiled on the Sounds and Sights Facebook page (facebook.com/ChelseaFestivals).
- Open to all artists 18 years of age and older
- Booth fee is $100
- Must provide own tent, tables, sidewalls, and any other display materials needed.
- Bringing an assistant for installation, deinstallation and artist breaks is highly recommended, however festival volunteers will be available for breaks, water, tear-down etc
- Selected vendors must pay booth fee before a space is allocated
- Vendors must be present during the entirety of the Market, and Performers during the entirety of their contracted times
- To optimize sales, we strongly recommended you have means to accept credit card purchases
Timeline* TBD for 2021 - Dates may change
- Application deadline: March 8th
- Artists notified: March 27th
- Booth fees due: April 30th
- Space assignments: May 30th
- Art Market: July 24th & 25th
*Dates subject to change
Questions can be directed to the Art Market Coordinator at [email protected]
Ready to apply?
Click the link below to start the application.