JUNE 20: SOUNDS & SIGHTS ON THURSDAY NIGHTS
CHELSEA, MICH – Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights, presented by Rick Taylor Real Estate – Reinhart Realtors continues its free summer concert series Thursday, June 20 from 6:30 until 8:30 p.m. Professional artists perform at ten staged areas located throughout downtown Chelsea showcasing music, chalk art, face painting and magic.
The diverse music line-up features regional artists, including Chey Halliwell performing folk and blues at the new Palmer Commons stage on Main Street. The Cadillac Cowboys, who have been an Ann Arbor tradition for over 30 years, perform country at South Street.
Chelsea House Orchestra returns to E. Middle Street with their world-famous “celtic with a kick” while the American duo, Joe Kidd & Sheila Burke perform at Sylvan Courtyard.
Indie-folk artists Kate Hinote Duo perform at the Glazier Building and WCCB Town Band, a 20-piece vintage music group that plays music from the 1880–1920 period, takes the stage at the clocktower gazebo.
There is something for the whole family including Face Painting Robot at the Clocktower Courtyard stage, and balloon animals created by 3 Generations Entertainment at the Main Street Alley.
The Chelsea District Library hosts Korner Stage: A Touch of Magic from 7 to 8 p.m. at Katie’s Korner on the Library lawn featuring comedy magician and entertainer Cameron Zvara! Cameron’s show is filled with magic, comedy, juggling, music, and encourages audience participation.
The “Sights” of Sounds & Sights include the free “How to Chalk” seminars each week beneath the Clocktower. Everyone is invited to transform the pavement into colorful works of art, this week the focus is Birds. Visitors are also invited to explore the new installation of SculptureWalk Chelsea, a self-guided walking tour of 13 juried sculptures.
Chelsea Area Festivals & Events is a not-for-profit organization that enriches Chelsea, and the surrounding communities, by promoting the presentation of and participation in quality performing and visual arts throughout the year.
For an updated list of performers and stage locations please visit www.chelseafestivals.com.
JUNE 20th THURSDAY 6:30 – 8:30 P.M.
- Chey Halliwell (Folk/Rock/Blues) at Palmer Commons
- Korner Stage: A Touch of Magic (Comedy/Magic) at Katie’s Korner on the Library Lawn
- Cadillac Cowboys (Country) at South St. *Senior Seating
- 3 Generations Entertainment (Balloons for Kids) at Main St. Alley
- Chelsea House Orchestra (Celtic) at East Middle St.
- Joe Kidd & Sheila Burke (Americana/Folk/World Duo) at Sylvan Courtyard
- Kate Hinote Duo (Indie/Alt/Folk) at Glazier Building
- How to Chalk – Birds (Chalk Art) at the Clocktower
- WCCB Town Band (Concert Band) at the Clocktower Gazebo *Senior Seating
- Face Painting Robot (Face Painters) at the Kids Courtyard