Amazing new sculptures for the 2020-21 season of SculptureWalk Chelsea are coming soon!
2019-2020 SculptureWalk Chelsea
As the Chelsea SculptureWalk wraps up the 2019-20 season, you have an opportunity to purchase world-class outdoor sculpture at very affordable prices. Many of the Artists are open to negotiable prices and payment options that can make the sculpture a fixture in your home, garden, or office environment.
70% of the proceeds go directly to the Artists with the remainder going toward the continuation of SculptureWalk for years to come. Please contact Crystal Scott, (email: [email protected]., phone number 586 291 8007) exhibition coordinator, to learn more. Ms. Scott has a Masters in Fine Arts in Sculpture Studio Practice. Her commitment and passion for the arts in our community have been an enormous asset to the program.
SculptureWalk Chelsea will be celebrating its 11th year gracing the streets and parks. Sculptures throughout Chelsea featuring top regional artists have brought contemporary sculpture at no cost to visitors and Chelsea residents. This annual rotating exhibition enhances and enables the cultural and artistic Chelsea City-Brand.
SculptureWalk Sponsors - Thank you!!
Thanks to the overwhelming support and excitement from our community, all SculptureWalk pads have been sponsored for the 2019-2020 exhibition.
Interested in sponsoring? We invite you to inquire about next years opportunities to become an essential part of an initiative to increase vibrancy in Chelsea, while supporting the local arts. We have several sponsorship options available for next season. If you would like to learn more about becoming a sponsor for the 2020-2021 SculptureWalk Chelsea, or any of CAFE's events, please contact us at [email protected].
Public art by its very nature is one that exists outside of museum walls, where anyone can freely have access.
Interested in purchasing one of the current SculptureWalk Chelsea pieces? Let us know!
Chelsea Area Festivals and events is proud to present all thirteen public sculptures are available for purchase! As a non-profit organization whose main goal is to enrich our community via promotion of the arts, we will be giving a higher-than usual percentage to the regional Artists: 70% of the sale from one of these pieces goes directly to the artist. The remaining 30% percent goes to, and only to, funding the SculptureWalk Chelsea program.
Please fill out the brief form below for purchase inquiries. The SculptureWalk Coordinator Crystal Scott will respond to each inquiry promptly.
IN THE NEWS....
The Sun Times News, July 2019
SculptureWalk Chelsea celebrated the opening of its 10th year with an Artist Reception on June 6, 2019. Several of the sculpture artists attended the reception, strolled through the SculptureWalk and enjoyed the kick-off of Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights.
“We are so fortunate to have thirteen beautiful sculptures grace our City.” said Chelsea Area Festivals & Events Visual Arts Coordinator, Crystal Scott, in her welcoming comments at the reception hosted by The Ugly Dog Distillery on Main Street. “This is a very special program that helps bring out the artistic expression and value of art to our community, exemplifying placemaking”, said Scott... read more
Chelsea Update, April 14 2019
Chelsea Area Festivals & Events is sharing a sneak preview of a few sculptures selected to be included in SculptureWalk Chelsea 2019. A jury panel helped with the selection process for the 10th anniversary of this popular addition to the downtown, which will include both new and returning artists.... read more
By Seth Kinker, [email protected]
Crystal Scott, representing the SculptureWalk series in Chelsea hosted by Chelsea Area Festival and Events (CAFE), was on hand at the Mar. 21 meeting to introduce herself and the plans for the 10th sculpture walk kicking off on Jun. 6 with the first Thursday night summer concert series downtown. Scott went over the selections, the selection process, and the effort to reach out to new artists to get them involved this year in addition to many returning artists.... read more
SculptureWalk Chelsea revitalized thanks to the grant award from Michigan Council for Arts & Cultural Affairs and The Arts Alliance
Chelsea Area Festivals & Events (CAFE) received a minigrant in the amount of $3,600 from the State of Michigan Council for Arts & Cultural Affairs (MCACA) administered by The Arts Alliance. CAFE is the project manager in collaboration with the City of Chelsea/DDA, Chelsea District Library and the Chelsea Area Chamber of Commerce. The grant was awarded through a review panel process and was one of 12 out of 27 applications to compete for $32,000 of available MCACA funding for Region 9. Region 9 includes Hillsdale, Jackson, Lenawee, Livingston, Washtenaw and Wayne counties.... read more