12th Annual SculptureWalk Chelsea
A rotating, outdoor sculpture exhibition placed throughout the heart of Chelsea, Michigan.
SculptureWalk Chelsea is a rotating, outdoor sculptural exhibition showcased in historic Chelsea, Michigan. The chosen artists will receive an award, a year-long highly visible platform throughout Chelsea, as well as the opportunity to sell accepted work by means of marketing efforts provided through Chelsea Area Festivals and Events organization in collaboration with community partners. Fourteen works of original art will be accepted, via a juried process, into the 2021-2022 rotation, marking the twelfth year that the sculptures will be adorning this beloved cityscape.
- Each selected artist receives a $850 award
- 70% of sale price goes to the artist
- Placement in highly-visible sites
- A year-long marketing campaign promoting the exhibition and artists
- Online and walking map brochures produced and available free to public
- Guided docent tours throughout the year
- Completed application and $15 application fee
- Open to regional artists 18 years of age and older
- Only original and completed works of art will be accepted, no proposals for work
- Entries must meet standards of public safety and durability of design and materials for outdoor placement
- Hardware must be provided by artist (tools and equipment needed for unloading and placing artwork will be provided)
- Selected works must be installed on a date in late May 2021 and remain in place for the full year of the exhibition. Unsold work must be removed on the appointed removal day/time, May 2022.
- Artist must be present during the installation and removal of the sculpture
- Application deadline: February 19, 2021
- Selections made and artists notified: March 26, 2021
- Installation of accepted work mid-late May 2021, specific dates/times TBD
- Subject to COVID-19 Guidelines - Kick-off and Open House: (June 3/10) to coincide with the kick-off for Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights*
- Removal of exhibition May 2022
*Specific dates subject to change - CAFE will endeavor to provide any changes in a timely manner.
Questions can be directed to [email protected]