CHELSEA AREA FESTIVALS & EVENTS SEEKING COORDINATOR FOR THE SOUNDS & SIGHTS FESTIVAL ART MARKET
Chelsea Area Festivals & Events is seeking a dynamic, service-oriented individual to join the Sounds & Sights Festival committee as the coordinator for the Art Market.
Chelsea Area Festivals & Events is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that enriches Chelsea, and the surrounding communities, by promoting the presentation of and participation in quality performing and visual arts throughout the year. The annual Sounds & Sights Festival takes place the last weekend in July, and features a diverse music line up, a classic car show, and annual chalk art events.
The committee is seeking a professional individual who loves and understands the culture of art markets and marketplaces to oversee operations of the Sounds & Sights Festival Art Market.
The Sounds & Sights Festival Art Market Coordinator ensures that all aspects of the Art Market are managed appropriately, including:
- Recruitment, coordination and management of an Art Market sub-committee that works as a team to optimize the art market selling experience for everyone
- Assist in curation and juried selection process. For prospective artists, you will play a key development role in your capacity as market gate-keeper, capturing new artist-vendor inquiries and vetting prospects
- Organize event logistics, assist with load-in/load-out; for artists, you will be the on-site point person during the festival
- Responsible for budget, finance and collections
Marketing content support – this refers to content (i.e. text and photos) for website, social media, and artist bios
- Community outreach – identification of, and outreach to, community partners and potential partnering organizations
- Collaborate with the Sponsor Coordinator to identify potential sponsors
Participate in a monthly committee meetings to provide status reports
Interested candidates should submit an email to [email protected] and include a brief description of their candidacy, previous experience in successfully implementing a similar market, and how you envision the 2019 Sounds & Sights Festival Art Market. Deadline to apply is October 4, 2018.
This is an independent contract position and requires an estimated average of 20 hours per month.